Patricia Mastropierro is an Argentine foreign associate with the International Practice Group, focusing in Latin American corporate and litigation matters. Patricia was selected for inclusion in the International Who's Who of Aviation Lawyers 2010 (Who's Who Legal).
Her experience includes:
- Representation of numerous Argentine companies in corporate and commercial matters.
- Representation of many foreign investors setting up their companies in Argentina.
- Representation of a global supplier of coatings, glass and chemicals, in the merger of its Argentine companies.
- Representation of a Chilean chemical company in its Argentine joint venture with its U.S. partner.
- Representation of a large multinational information technology company in numerous licensing transactions in Latin America (including but not limited to Chile and Peru).
- Representation of a large U.S. technology company in Argentine bankruptcy issues.
- Representation of a large U.S. airline in its commercial litigation throughout Latin America (more than 35 countries).
- Representation of a U.S. airline in its purchase of an Argentine airline (including complete multi-jurisdictional due diligence effort) in a transaction valued at more than US$25 million.
- Representation of a U.S. airline in a $300 million restructuring of its Argentine investment.
- Representation of a U.S. public company in the acquisition and servicing of distressed loan portfolios in Mexico and Latin America.
- Representation of a U.S. company in the sale of its downstream businesses in Central America.
Selected Representative Experience
Argentina Gas Pipeline
Advised a multinational company in connection with the development of a gas pipeline in Argentina.
Colombia Refinery Financing
Advised an electrical distributor in connection with its establishment in Colombian free trade zone and the obtaining of Ex-Im Bank financing in connection with the REFICAR refinery located in Cartagena, Colombia.
Costa Rica Airport
Advised a U.S. company in connection with a public bid issued by Costa Rica's state owned refining company RECOPE for the construction of an airport fuel facility at an international airport located in Costa Rica and related joint bidding agreement entered into with its Costa Rican partner.
Pococi Correctional Facility
Advised a U.S. architectural firm in connection with the termination by the Costa Rican government on a public bid for a public-private partnership for the Pococi Correctional Facility in Costa Rica and related litigation.
Represented Royal Dutch Shell in the sale of its downstream businesses in Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama and Costa Rica, as well as the sale of two joint venture interests.
Honduran Power Project (RECO)
Advised U.S. investor in purchasing a majority interest in the Honduran power distribution company Roatan Electric Company, the local distribution company for the Island of Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, including due diligence review, submission of bid to the Honduran power company ENEE, and negotiation of transaction documents.
MSJ Partners Real Estate Investment in Peninsula Papagayo in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Advising MSJ Partners in connection with the negotiation of a concession and joint venture agreement with Ecodesarollo Papagayo, SA of a luxury condominium project to be located at Peninsula Papagayo in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
General Corporate and Tax Matters in Mexico and Other Latin American Countries
Advising client on general corporate and commercial matters in Latin America.